导航菜单
汽车:过去、现在和未来—斯坦福大学公开课中英文字幕
影视台词网    2016-07-03 23:08:44    文字:【】【】【

今天我们要讲一系列关于汽车的话题

Series of conversations about cars.

 

过去 这个词我们可以加复数 没什么问题

Pasts, we can put plural in that, no problem.

 

过去 现在以及将来

Pasts, presents, and futures.

 

我叫迈克尔·桑克斯

I'm Michael Shanks

 

接下来几个月的周三晚谈话 都将由我主持

and I'm gonna be hosting our Wednesday evening conversations

 

我会一一介绍我们的嘉宾

over the next couple of months and introducing our guests,

 

我们将和他们一起谈话

we're having a chat with them

 

我想 我们也会作为主持人

and also being something an emcee, master of ceremonies, I guess for,

 

希望围绕这个话题的谈话

hopefully some conversations around the issues

 

得以展开

that are gonna get raised

 

也希望谈话可以多种多样

and that's gonna be all sorts of issues coming up.

 

继续说谁来主持

It's continuing studies who are hosting

 

还要谈谈斯坦福大学的Revs 项目

but also the Revs Program at Stanford.

 

作为引出对话的一种方式

And as a way of introducing our conversations

 

让我来告诉你们我们从哪里找到

let me tell you a little bit about where we're coming from

 

这些我们将要谈论的背景材料

to get some context to what we're gonna be talking about.

 

这些都是各种官方表述

These are all kinds of official statements,

 

但这些表述可以让你大概了解什么是Revs项目

but these kind of give you the pictures about what Revs Program is.

 

我们需要有点不同的 新颖的观点

We want it to be something, a little bit different, something new

 

这些观点可以围绕我们认为很重要

which pulls together different kinds of expertise,

 

但又在严谨学术研究中被忽略

different kinds of communities

 

的问题上

around something that we think is important

 

集合联系各种专业知识 各种群体

and has been neglected especially in terms of serious academic study

 

汽车在当今社会已存在了超过

and that's the automobile in contemporary society for its life

 

150年左右 所以在2011

over the last 150 years or so.

 

斯坦福大学推出了Revs项目 我们上年刚推出

So the Revs program in Standard 2011, we just launched last year,

 

我们想借着幻灯片里表达的内容联系起来

we want to connect stuff in a way expressed up here in the slide.

 

我们的重点特别放在人们所经历的

We're focused particularly on the human experience of automobilia

 

各种层面的汽车收藏品发展

in every sense.

 

涉及人工制品 工程等

Yes the artifact, yes the engineering

 

但从人类的角度看待汽车发展尤其重要

but particularly the human side to the automobile

 

认真看待这个方面意味着我们打算

and taking that seriously means we are aiming,

 

不 是我们将要倾向于围绕多学科来讨论

no, we are gonna be all encompassing trends disciplinary

 

并且涉及到学术界之外的机构

and pulling in agencies, interests,

 

利益和组织

organizations outside the academy,

 

因为我们了解的绝对是我们一起经历了

because something we all know is definitely with us happening

 

大约十年并还在加速发展的

has been for a decade or so and is accelerating.

 

而那正表明我们处于内燃机时代

And that is one way of putting is that we are at the end of the era

 

的尽头了

of the internal combustion engine

 

内燃机涉及了工业 工程 能源 燃料

with all the implications of that in terms of industry,

 

等方面的影响

engineering, energy, fuel and such.

 

(未完)

  注:如需全课字幕整理请联系QQ727207567

浏览 (1474) | 评论 (0) | 评分(0) | 支持(0) | 反对(0) | 发布人:管理员
将本文加入收藏夹
关注领取台词
脚注信息
版权所有 Copyright(C)2010-2024影视台词网